Saturday, June 9, 2012

New Salsa! Stronger Flavour :)

Yay!  I have a bit of time between salsa dancing to post about salsa sauce.  Salsa in the Park, block party downtown and after I shower tonight, another salsa social!  So no watching the fight for me.  Go Manny!

Salsa salsa salsa!


So obviously I'm really digging the fresh salsa right now.  The previous one I made was good, but eventually became a bit too subtle for my tastes.  I found another recipe with stronger flavour due to some onion and garlic.  Recipe from here.

Ingredients
-1 mango, diced
-1 avocado, diced
-4 medium tomatoes, diced
-1 jalapeno pepper, minced
-0.5 cup cilantro, chopped
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-pinch of salt
-juice from 2 limes
-0.25 cup red onion, chopped
-3 tbsp olive oil

Prep:
Combine in a big bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 mins before serving.  This recipe lasted me the whole workweek :)

My sister had it with some blackened chicken.  The seasoning is from my previous post (Tom's Blackening Seasoning):



No comments:

Post a Comment