Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mahi Mahi Ceviche with Coconut Dressing

This is another one from Michele Cranston (Marie Claire Easy cookbook). You're not supposed to cook the mahi mahi but I panicked and cooked mine since it frozen.


Ingredients
500g firm white fleshed fish, skinned and boned (I used mahi mahi)
3 limes, juiced
100ml coconut cream (I used light coconut milk - couldn't find the cream at Safeway)
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp sugar (I used stevia)
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
2 scallions, sliced (I used 4 because I love scallions)
Cooking oil (if you want to cook the fish)

Preparation
1. Cut fish into bite-size pieces (I didn't). Marinate fish pieces in lime juice in the fridge for 2 hours.
2. Optional (I did this because I panicked about frozen fish): drain and cook fish in frying pan - about 3 mins each side. I just used coconut oil to cook.
3. In a separate bowl, mix coconut, ginger, turmeric, sugar, coriander and stir to combine.
4. Drain fish (If you didn't cook it) and add to the coconut dressing. Sprinkle on scallions.

No comments:

Post a Comment